Last week we compiled a list of reasons why we love small towns, but there's lots of great things about settling in more densely populated areas of the North Okanagan. To be fair, let's start with our TOP 5 REASONS TO LIVE IN THE CITY:
5. Cuisine - There's nothing like being able to pop downtown to satisfy a late-night sushi craving, and your chances of being able to do this increase significantly when you live in a city. More restaurants, more variety, and longer business hours are all reasons we love the convenience of city-living.
4. Amenities - Higher population areas offer residents a range of amenities that small towns simply can't match. This increased selection of recreation and education opportunities make a city more appealing to families seeking a community to help them thrive.
3. Services - Hospitals, police stations and civic organizations are much more abundant in cities. Knowing that help is close by in the event of an emergency can be huge motivator for older folks deciding where to buy real estate.
2. City Transportation - Helping to reduce the carbon footprint, city transportation authorities give residents the option to be part of the pollution solution.
1. Competition - Business owners know that it takes a big fish to survive in a big pond, and to grow their business, entrepreneurs are compelled to approach their clients more creatively, with competitive service and competitive pricing.
The agents at RE/MAX know about competition and what it takes to stand out. In the North Okanagan, RE/MAX sells more real estate* than any other franchise. They have the local knowledge, expert training, and competitive drive it takes to acheive the oustanding results you're looking for. Visit www.TheRightAgents.com to find the right agent for you.
*Based on MLS unit sales as reported by OMREB in 2014 for North Okanagan.